I absolutely love baked Brie during the holidays. Maybe just as much as turkey or ham. Okay, I won’t go that far, but I can probably eat an entire wheel of Brie myself. This recipe packs the wonderful flavor of baked Brie into bite-sized pieces, with chopped walnuts for a nice crunch.
Feel free to use your favorite cranberry sauce in this recipe. Since homemade cranberry sauce is so easy to make, that’s what I always use. Just heat some cranberries, sugar, and a bit of orange juice in a saucepan and you’ve got a basic homemade cranberry sauce. Add a bit of cinnamon or orange peel for a little kick.
I actually made this recipe at seven o’clock in the morning. I don’t know what made me decide to cook a holiday appetizer so early in the morning, but I definitely stood in the kitchen cooking in my pajamas while drinking my coffee out of a Pyrex measuring cup (Instagram Evidence). It just so happened that every coffee mug I owned was in the dishwasher at the same time.
No, I don’t drink that much coffee myself. I had a lot of family over, I promise.
Well, maybe half of the cups were mine.
While I was making the cranberry sauce, I grabbed my sugar canister only to find that it was empty. I frantically dug through my pantry before I found my brown sugar. Let me say, it was a pretty good accident. I really loved the balance of the brown sugar with the orange juice in the cranberry sauce. I may need to alter my go-to cranberry sauce recipe. Don’t you love when that happens?
I will definitely be serving these Baked Cranberry Brie Cups at either Thanksgiving or Christmas this year. They are perfect as a nice and light appetizer before a big meal!
This is a quick and easy holiday recipe with only 4 ingredients!
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 4 tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 3 oz. Brie cheese, skin removed
- 15 mini phyllo shells (1 package)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce with the walnuts. Set aside.
- Cut the Brie into cubes, making sure they are small enough to fit in the bottom of the phyllo shells. Place the Brie cubes into the shells, then top with a spoonful of the cranberry and walnut mixture.
- Place the filled shells on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes, until the Brie has melted. Serve immediately.