It’s officially fall, but there are still quite a few flowers sticking around in the backyard. They attract all sorts of butterflies and hummingbirds (although the hummingbirds have been a bit elusive around my camera).
The bumblebees still seem to be enjoying them too!
Autumn brings lots of comfort food, so I decided to make a lighter version of the classic quiche to start off the fall season.
These adorable little crustless quiches are served in ramekins, so everyone gets their own. If you don’t have a set of ramekins, no worries. Pour the batter into a prepared muffin tin instead and shorten the baking time. These are great if you are in a hurry and don’t have time to make breakfast. Just pop a crustless quiche into the microwave for an easy on-the-go breakfast!
Top with additional Prosciutto and baby arugula for garnish.
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- dash ground nutmeg
- 6 slices of prosciutto, sliced
- 4 to 6 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium skillet, cook the onion and shallot over medium heat until tender.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the beaten eggs, half-and-half, milk, salt, nutmeg, prosciutto, goat cheese, flour, onion and shallots. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into 4 to 5 ramekins. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.