Sockerkaka translates to “sugar cake,” but it’s really just a simple sponge cake.
A delicious sponge cake.
It is relatively easy to make, which is always a huge plus! The texture is extremely light and airy, so it is perfect to serve after dinner to satisfy a sweet tooth. Serve the sockerkaka with fresh fruit, fruit preserves and/or whipped cream.
For variation, substitute the vanilla extract with lemon extract and add a little lemon zest. Or, use almond extract and roasted almonds. Yum!
- 2 eggs
- 2 dl sugar
- 3 dl all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g butter, melted
- 1 dl milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer and the whisk attachment, whip the eggs and sugar together until white soft peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, pour the melted butter into the milk allowing the milk to warm slightly. Pour the milk mixture into the sugar mixture and stir. Add the vanilla extract and flour mixture and stir gently.
- Pour the mixture into the bundt cake pan and bake for 25-28 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean when done.