These baked chicken breasts are stuffed with cheese, bacon, and jalapeños. This is my go-to recipe when I have chicken in the fridge.
If the Jalapeños are not spicy, you may decide to add the seeds to the cream cheese mixture. If they are too spicy for your taste, leave the seeds out. I feel like Jalapeños are more potent during different times of the year, so be sure the adjust the recipe accordingly.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 jalapeño,
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar and Monterey Jack)
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 shallot
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Cook the turkey bacon until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Chop the jalapeño (leave vein and seeds in for more spiciness), shallot, and bacon. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, bacon, shallot, jalapeño, shredded cheese, and a dash of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and flatten with a mallet. Split the jalapeño mixture in half and spread the mixture onto the chicken. Roll the chicken up and place in a baking dish. If needed, secure the chicken with toothpicks.
- Squeeze the lime over the chicken breasts. Then, generously sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the chicken.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast.